Housing Law

We have particular expertise in bringing actions against landlords for disrepair, unlawful eviction, defending possession proceedings for rent arrears and anti-social behaviour, applying to stay eviction warrants and challenging local authorities in relation to homelessness applications.

We also act for landlords in possession claims


● Landlord and tenant
● Possession Proceedings and Eviction Notices
● Succession
● Unlawful eviction
● Disrepair and Defective Housing
● Harassment, Nuisance and Anti-Social Behaviour
● Homelessness decisions
● Leaseholder / Lessee rights, claims and service charges
● Co-habitee property disputes

Will I have to pay?

Many people with housing problems are entitled to free advice and court representation under Legal Aid.

If you would like to check whether you are eligible for legal aid you can use the Gov.uk eligibility calculator or by contacting the Civil Legal Advice direct on 0345 345 4345.If you are not entitled to Legal Aid, we will discuss with you other ways of funding your case, including a no win, no fee agreement, using legal expenses insurance or a private funding arrangement. For more details on funding see our funding arrangements page.

Who to Contact

Arnolda Hunter
Associate Solicitor
Parveen Akhtar
Associate Solicitor